These dark “scratches” or lines might look unsightly, but you can typically remove the marks using an inexpensive, homemade paste.
- Rinse your affected Pfaltzgraff dinnerware piece under running warm water.
- Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda into a small mixing bowl.
How do you remove utensil marks from dishes?
How to Remove Flatware Marks From Dishes
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves. Place the discolored dish in the sink and sprinkle it with baking soda.
- Add an oxygen-based dish soap if the baking soda doesn’t remove the gray marks completely.
- Use a more toxic alternative metal polish only as a last resort.
How do I remove metal marks from porcelain?
Steps to Remove the Marks:
- Begin by sprinkling baking soda over the surfaces that are marked. It may help to spray the sink lightly with water first, so the baking soda will stick.
- Spray the surface lightly with Windex.
- Scrub with a soft cloth or sponge until the stains are removed.
- Repeat as necessary.
How do you get black marks off white dishes?
Removing the Scuffs
Choose your abrasive cleaner, and sprinkle it generously over the surface of your dish. Make a paste by adding a few drops of water and then rubbing gently with a wet dishcloth. Spread the paste all over the surface of your dish, and then let it sit for a minute or two.